This is one of those stories we may soon hear more about even though mainstream media, like the Washington Post and the New York Times, have both ignored. It is a story about a U.S. President willing to go the distance to protect an Iran Deal up to the point of turning a blind eye to Hezbollah's illicit drug activities. In effect, Barack Obama stands accused of facilitating Hezbollah drug trafficking. Pure and simple.
Josh Meyer of Politico was first to break the story. The article starts with these two important paragraphs summarizing Obama's treachery.
In its determination to secure a nuclear deal with Iran, the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah, even as it was funneling cocaine into the United States, according to a POLITICO investigation.
The campaign, dubbed Project Cassandra, was launched in 2008 after the Drug Enforcement Administration amassed evidence that Hezbollah had transformed itself from a Middle East-focused military and political organization into an international crime syndicate that some investigators believed was collecting $1 billion a year from drug and weapons trafficking, money laundering and other criminal activities.
So far, Barack Obama has not refuted these accusations. The coward is hiding.
The Iran Deal Barack Obama has so adamantly wanted to strike with Iran has had a deep and negative impact on the region. Here are some of its ugly results:
- Because of the Iran Deal, Obama refused to interfere to help the Syrian people defend themselves from the Assad gas attacks and barrel bombs. His inaction, overall, caused the death of 600,000 Syrians and the migration of close to six million to neighboring country. Name another U.S. President, during peace time, who had such a negative impact upon so many millions.
- Because of the Iran Deal, the Mullahs, since Obama became president, have occupied the capitals of four Arab countries using an immense purse Obama was eager to pay the Iranian regime of terror.
- Because of the Iran Deal, Iranian-supplied missiles are being fired against our allies, mainly Saudi Arabia, targeting their centers of power.
- Because of the Iran Deal, our ally Israel finds itself preparing for a war that may drag every other country in the region to align itself against Iranian aggression to the detriment of our effort to stem the rise of terror and chaos.
- Because of the Iran Deal, there is a perception in the Middle East that America stands by the Muslim Shia of the region against Muslim Sunnis, which helped terror organizations like ISIS rise, recruit, kill, and maim innocent civilians. Obama called ISIS the JV Team.
- Because of the Iran Deal, Barack Obama turned against the Iranian people who in June of 2009 were willing to die to remove their oppressors, a cabal of turbanized zealots, from power.
- Because of the Iran Deal, Barack Obama stands accused of facilitating Hezbollah drug distribution and trafficking.
This is Obama's real legacy. A two-term president with one central theme: How can I, Barack Obama, empower Iranian terror in the Middle East at all costs to include letting innocent civilians die from either chemical weapon attacks or drug overdose deaths.
Honestly, where do they grow such dumb men?