The item below has come to my attention from the Shia Rights Watch. Needless to say how important it is for Syrians to respect the Shia of Syria and differentiate between those fighting with the regime and the innocent Shia caught in the middle of this war. The more respect and security we accord the innocent minorities, the more respect Syrians will earn in political capital that will become immensely important for the future of our country. The more Syrians show compassion and understanding towards fellow Syrians, the weaker the extremist regimes ruling all over the Middle East become. Their oxygen is our stupidity.
Those who are fighting with the Assad regime (no matter their background or denominations) must be delivered an ultimatum and warned about the consequences of their actions (See Act or Be Accountable). Our courts will hold them ALL accountable. No exceptions based on religion, or any other form of discriminatory action. Their oxygen is our stupidity.
Syria is among countries that the unrest initiated to gain peace and freedom transformed to a war against Shia Muslim. Many Shia Muslim were kidnapped, tortured and abused by terrorist groups. Shia Rights Watch aimed to inform the FSA and Syrian government about the unfair and inhumane situation of Shia in this country and to convince them to issue a statement condemning the violence against Shia Muslim. Unfortunately both groups are busy killing each other more than caring to stop the violence against innocent residences.
Shia Muslim seems to be the main target of the terrorisms in this country. There were many incident reporting the Shia being killed because their faith. The following are some of many incidents.
- As of the beginning of the unrest in Syria, Shia houses were marked by Anti-Shia groups, and households were savagely tortured and slaughtered at night time.
- ManyÂ Shia families had to flee from cities such as Halab and Edlib. They were mostly from Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria.
- Shrine of Sayeda Zainab and Ruqiya, two very important Shia role models, were attacked several time and the attacks resulted in killing of two of the shrines’ Shia gourds.
- In the cities such as Az-Zahra around 120 Shia were kidnapped and terrorist groups asked to trade them with bullet.Â
- Shia in villages such as Nebbol and Az-Zahra’ and in Edlib Kafariyya, were abandoned without food and water for days.
- Families and scholars who aimed to protect the Shia were identified by terrorist groups and abused or killed.
- Recently there were two young Shia men, Ali Taha and Hussein Ibrahim, who were kidnapped, tortured and then slaughtered; their bodies were found after couple days behind the town of Al-Hijjera. (picture re available in our Shia rights watch web site).
The mentioned incidents are among many others that Shia Muslim’s human rights were violated. Shia Right Watch monitors the situation in Syria every day updates the information daily. Please visit our web for more information.
From the Shia Rights Watch News Desk